Conserve resources with Xavax
It is verifiably the case that more and more plastic waste is destroying our planet. A large part of this comes from households, as we seldom act sustainably. Plastic bottles or coffee pads are quickly bought in supermarkets. Unfortunately, the harmful consequences are not immediately known to the world’s population.
Amount of waste from households in kg per person
Separately collected recycables
Separately collected organic waste
Total: 455 kg
Source: Statistisches Bundesamt (Destatis), 2020
Xavax offers some products that support sustainability. Here, you will find ideal household accessories that can considerably reduce the amount of waste you produce.
For the 2019/20 crop year, the USDA forecast worldwide coffee consumption of around 167.9 million bags. The European Union is one of the largest markets for the popular hot drink. This suggests that far too many paper filters are consumed and thrown away each year.
Our solutionPermanent filter for coffee maker, replacement for filter size 4
In 2019, around 16.33 million people in the German-speaking population have prepared their coffee using a pad or capsule machine. With the reusable pads from Xavax you can do something good for the environment.
Our solutionPermanent Pods, Set of 2 for Senseo Coffee Machines (or identical designs)
Coffee pad containers
Almost every product is wrapped in plastic packaging – this also applies to coffee pads. Why not simply make your own pads? That way, you can avoid the plastic waste entirely. Xavax offers aluminium tins that are ideal for storing the coffee (or tea) pads – without any loss of aroma.
Our solutionTin for Coffee Pods
A quick coffee on the go, then the cup ends up in the waste: Disposable cups have a particularly negative impact on the environment. According to figures from the German Environment Agency (UBA), around 2.8 billion disposable cups are consumed in Germany each year. This equates to 34 cups per person. 60 percent of them are plastic-coated paper cups; the other 40 percent are entirely made from plastic. Added to this are 1.3 billion plastic lids. Time for your own Re-Cup cup – the figures could then be drastically reduced, and, in addition, it looks stylish!
According to information from the WDC, more than 1 million plastic bottles pass over the shop counter per minute. Unfortunately, most countries do not have a recycling or deposit system, meaning that many plastic bottles end up in the seas. Only 7 percent are recycled into new plastic bottles. To counteract this, we offer reusable glass bottles.
Our solutionGlass Drinking Bottle with Sieve and Neoprene Sleeve, 500 ml, black
Additional product tip
The glass bottles must be clean and hygienic, so cleaning agents are required. Our cleaning tablets are ideal for bottles with hard-to-reach places, and easily remove limescale, syrup, tea and water stains.
Our solutionCleaning Tablets for Bottles, 30 Packs in Display
To cut down on plastic bottles, you might also want to use our water filters.Read more here.
Ice cube trays
At the summer barbecue, you want to enjoy your spritzer served chilled and with ice. But in the supermarkets, the pre-packaged ice cubes are sold at a much higher price than the cost of tap water at home. This is another area in which you can cut down on your plastic consumption.
Simply fill the Xavax trays with water and freeze! You will then have ice in your freezer compartment whenever you need it. And after just a short time, you will also see the financial benefit.
Our solutionIce Cube Mould with Cover, For 36 Ice Cubes, Set of 2
According to Statista, in 2019, around 22.72 million people aged 14 or over from the German-speaking population stated that they bake occasionally. A new sheet of baking paper is used each time. It doesn’t have to be this way: The reusable baking foil from Xavax can be used many times.
Our solutionReusable Baking Foil, Can Be Trimmed to Size, Teflon Coating, 40 x 33 cm
Laundry pods or powder are full of microplastics. Laundry balls, on the other hand, are super eco-friendly, and do not leave any skin irritants on the clothing.
Our solution"Power Pearls" wash ball
With Xavax, you can…
avoid unnecessary waste
act in a more environmentally conscious way
Switch to Xavax and use our sustainable household products. It’s easy to conserve resources with Xavax.